Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My Cure "Pay It Forward"

Ramona has been kind enough to encourage us to share our stories here. I thought I'd take her up on the invitation and post a video link. My surgeon contacted me a few weeks ago to ask if I'd be willing to do an interview for a local news station related to breast cancer. They wanted to find someone who had been diagnosed through mammography. I decided to go ahead and really "go public". If it encourages even just one woman to pick up the phone and make an appointment, it will be worth it.

So here I am, new short CURLY GRAY hair and all!

http://www.fox23news.com/mediacenter/local.aspx

Click on the link and then go to October Buddy Check Reminder.

Lisa L :-)

2 comments:

Yosemite said...

Congratulations Lisa. That was magnificent. I too was diagnosed after a mammogram back in November 2000. It's great to try and encourage women to go for their mammograms.

tapmouse said...

Lisa,
Thanks for sharing your story with us! How neat to actually see you on the screen, too, and have the opportunity to hear you talk about it yourself.

I get my mammograms fairly regularly, but watching your story makes me feel a lot more conscientious about not allowing as much time lapse between.