Monday, September 24, 2007

Hello Campanula

I just started my Campanulas. I've always knit my socks top-down and this is my first time knitting toe-up socks and I'm really excited about it. I did a little research before I started and I've used short rows with wrapped stitches in other garments before so it was pretty straightforward.

I've had this Bernat cool cotton in my stash for a while and wanted something light and lacy for it - I think this pattern will be perfect.

It sure does make a nice roomy toe box - that should be really comfortable...

2 comments:

MezzoDiva said...

Lookin' good! Don't forget to check your gauge on the lace before you get too far just to be sure you have a close enough fit. Remember you want that 10% or so negative ease for any sock and especially for lace designs so the open-work will spread out to show off the pretty pattern after all your hard work!

affectioknit2 said...

Thanks a bunch,

Teresa