Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Here we go and Contest Number 1

Okay, Campanula Knitters - ready, set, start your needles!

Contest Number 1: ends August 8th, 2007.

Please post a link to the Campanula for the Cure KAL on your blog and tell us what yarn(s) you are using (or dreaming of) to make your Campanula socks. And if you want to post early pix of your WIP Campanula, please go ahead!

I will hold a draw on Wednesday August 8 at the end of week one. The winner will receive one from among several gorgeous hand-dyed skeins of fingering or sport weight merino I purchased recently from Maggie. She's just started sharing her talent for these exquisite creations of colour gradation with the rest of us mere mortals and several of these luscious skeins just followed me home. Really. Each skein contains more than enough to knit one pair of lovely socks, and I must admit I do see Campanulas in my mind's eye in all these delicious tone-on-tone colourways.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I am waiting for yarn to arrive. I'm going to use the yarn Mama E has dyed to raise money for Team Knitty's race for the cure. I thought these would be a perfect fit.

MezzoDiva said...

Mmm... yes, a double hitter! That colourway is perfect for Campanula! And by doingso, you're supporting both the Weekend to End Breast Cancer and the Run for the Cure! Way to go Deb!

Helga Pigwidgeon said...

Just posted a blurb about the socks/fundraiser. I'm still a bit unsure which yarn to use... as I way too much sock yarn in my stash. : )

limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Darn... that above comment was meant to be posted with my regular Blogger account. Oh well. : )