Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Checking my gauge ...

Hi everyone, this is Rhonda. I just signed up last week. Made my donation so I could get this beautiful sock pattern and then the quest for the perfect pink sock yarn followed the next day. Couldn't believe my luck that I found at my LYS, not only PINK, but sock yarn that I had never tried before ... Schaefer Yarn Anne. 60% merino wool superwash, 25% mohair, 15% nylon. Handpainted and very lovely to knit with.

PDRM1406_edited

Isn't it a pretty pink too? Well I cast on this past weekend and completed short row toes ... my first time doing them in st st rather than garter st.

for the Cure sock But with size two needles they were far too loose. For the first time, I then checked my gauge. Sure enough, I was off by one stitch ... into the frog pond. Re-cast on with size 1's and knit the toe again. Much better. Started the lace pattern and will take a new picture when my first sock is done. So far so good.

That's were I'm at right now. Thanks so much for the chart, BTW. I'm looking forward to following that rather than getting myself lost in the pattern. I know I won't win any contest for finishing first since I work & commute 10 hours a day. And these are not the kind of socks I like to knit on while I commute. But they are going to be so nice to wear when they're done and I really do love the fact that the donation is going to a good cause.

So now it's time to be off to work. Drop by my blog anytime at Home of the StitchingNut and happy knitting everyone!

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

You'll love that yarn! Happy knitting!

MezzoDiva said...

Oh, I love Schaeffer Ann yarn! Those are going to be some very special socks - can't wait to see your progress!