Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Admin Notes: Please read this!

Camp Campanula is off to a great start! I am very excited by how many people are jumping in to join us knitting these socks! And thank you to everyone for your generous support and for sharing your stories with me. So many of us have personal reasons for supporting the fight against breast cancer. If you haven't posted about it here yet, please share a little of your story here if you are willing.

Meanwhile I am doing some KAL admin and I see that several of you have a blogger account with one or more KALs listed in your profile, but when I go there I find no individual blog for you nor any link to your own webpage on another blogging host.

If you do have a blog elsewhere (not on Blogger), please list it on your Blogger account so the rest of the group (and I) can find your page via the participants list in the sidebar. If you don’t have a blog of your own- well, you do have a Blogger account so it will be easy to create one there, even if only for the purpose of posting about your KAL activities and a link or two so folks will know how to get to the KAL. Then you can participate in the contests, which involve Campanula-related posting at your blog, and you might win some lovely prizes! (You may have guessed that spreading the word is my benign ulterior motive behind this KAL and especially contest number one.)

Thanks again for joining the fun and for supporting this worthy cause.

Also - what with the recent (Canadian) long-weekend and summer holidays, many people are just now replying to their KAL invitations. As administrator, I would really like to extend the deadline to next Wednesday August 15 for Contest Number One (post at your blog about the KAL and your yarn choices/options/dilemnas). If anyone objects strongly, please leave me a comment or send me an email, and I will then keep contest one to those who post before this Wednesday. But I would like to open the contest for more people.

Keep those posts and comments coming!

No comments: