Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Must...choose...yarn

I'm not sure if going through my stash helped or hurt. I have three yarns as possibles and just can't decide which to go with. One is Violet's Pink Ribbon, which is the colorway Lisa Souza came up with for Violet of Lime'n'Violet when she found a lump last year and had crazy insurance issues, another is a gorgeous hot pink unidentified (but definitely wool of some sort and definitely sock yarn) that my SP10 pal sent me, and the last one is a gorgeous pink and dark green (I know, it sounds weird, but trust me) from Yarn Botanika that's a Merino/Tencel blend. I'm kind of leaning toward that one because I know I would love knitting with it -- I'm a sucker for Tencel -- but the other two seem a skosh more appropriate, especially the VPR. What to do, what to do.

Insert long pause.

Okay, I think I've talked myself into the VPR. I'll at least start out with that one and see how I like it. :)

1 comment:

MezzoDiva said...

What a dilemna!

Why is it we can often function remarkably well in the so-called important arenas of our lives, then turn around and become almost overwhelmed by such frivolous and delightful choices as which sock yarn to use for this pattern or that one?... what colour nail polish do I want for my pedicure?... which extensively over-named coffee-flavoured beverage concoction shall I order?...

Oh, decisions, decisions! Once more, the tao of knitting has provided a window into the fascinating journey of life.