Sunday, August 26, 2007

Contest Number Two - Only Three Days Left... (is this thing on?)

I am absolutely delighted by all the beautiful Campanulas-in-progress you guys are showing me. The last couple of days have apparently seen a flurry of Campanula-knitting and they are ALL very pretty! It makes me very happy to see the pattern I designed giving so many people pleasure.

And as you can tell from the growing totals in the donation area on the sidebars, the contributions to the fight against cancer just keep rolling in, which is both gratifying and terrifying - because I really have to do this 60-km walk and it's coming up in just under two weeks! Eeek!!!! I know it won't kill me, but it is going to be one of the toughest things I have ever done and I am really chicken about the physical pain afterwards. Anybody want to donate a massage for me?

In other news, it seems that (other then me) only two people have taken their Campanulas out for some show-and-tell. At least, only two that I can see from the comments and the postings here: Suna and Rochelle. Suna - also the clear front-runner and winner for FIRST PAIR COMPLETED - left a note in the comments detailing her Campanula's adventures out and about. And Rochelle took her Campanula's to visit the Yarn Harlot, which was pretty terrific, and attracted some more new folks to our joint venture.

Remember, folks, there are three prizes coming this time: There will be one for the most creative entry, one for the greatest number of Campanula outings so far (our girl Suna seems to be in the lead here too), and one random draw from all the eligible entries. But, since only two of you have posted a contest entry, I might just have to keep that third prize for myself...(sigh) ;)

I expect to have a prize notice up soon, courtesy of Mama Llama. She is putting together some lovely stuff for us, like a little kit, with luscious yarn (she has some beautiful cashmere and silk), some matching fancy stitchmarkers and Heartstrings Lace pattern to go with it. She said she will put it together and take some artsy photos of it this weekend, so hopefully we'll see some pix by tomorrow!

So take your Campanulas out with you and show them around. Then post about it by Wednesday, August 29, 2007. Tell us all about YOUR Campanula's Day Out. Report on your Campanula's adventures in the wide wide world both here and at your blog!

4 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

Hey, if I end up having the most outings, give my prize to person #2--one prize is plenty for me!

I do want to share one more outing of my socks, but just because it was sweet, not to rack up events. I wore my socks with festive red clogs to church yesterday. There I ran into the lady I thought healing thoughts for while knitting my pair. She's a wonderful, strong, German master gardner who is going through chemo right now, and of course a bit tired.

I told her I wanted to show her something, and showed her my socks. Now, she's seen me knitting a LOT of socks, so it was probably no thrill. But she was so touched when I told her that they were full of good wishes for her. I offered them to her, but she laughed and said she doesn't even wear socks in the winter here unless hiking (and I actually knew that).

But, I enjoyed letting her know in a tangible way that she is in my thoughts.

Thanks again for the KAL!

Star said...

Hey! Just to let you know that I finally posted a sock outing... :)

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I took my sock out to work today to give it a mini tour of M.I.T. I'll post about it with pictures tonight. ;-)

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I hope the deadline lasts all day today, because my pictures are at home and I can't post them until after 5:30pm. It's the first thing I'm going to do when i get home. ;-)